Granite is used worldwide as a building material for house, kitchen and various other indoor and outdoor uses. Choosing the right material for your home might be a headache for you but after it is done you can actually see the advantages of it over the other materials. They look good in appearance that goes with almost any space. They are unbelievably durable and strong, making them unbreakable. They usually do absorb water but with the precautions and insulations you can prevent damage to it. Various advantages of choosing the granite are given below:
• Up to a certain extent, they are scratch resistant and its resistivity can be increased by insulation.
• They aren’t flammable so if by any means it comes in contact with fire, nothing happens to it.
• Staining causes no effect on granite as they can always be cleaned with the help of little liquid and water
• If any piece of granite gets crack in it or break by any means, you can easily find its replacement in the market.
• They do not require any special liquid or anything different for its cleaning.
• You can choose from a wide array of choices either fine grain or crude depending on your fondness.
• As they’re not porous, they can also be used in bathrooms and as a sink in kitchen water will not get into the pores of granite and will absorb little amount of spills on it.
• They are said to be heat resistant, which makes them a great alternative that can be used in the place of wood for flooring. In comparison to wood they are simple in cleaning and taking care of.
• Granite countertops never d¬epreciate in value; they are used from olden times.
• Granite is one-of-a-kind; it is found from the natural quarries and more or less it gives a luminous look after installation and polishing.
• It is hygienic as there is no harm of bacterial or any kind of fungal contaminations on its outer surface.
• Granite simply adds significance to your kitchen and to the home where they are installed; it gives a rich and graceful look. Granite is said to be a good deal for that cost as it makes your speculation sound by adding elegance to your place. If in case, you are willing to sell your house and good return in the investment of your previous dime, there is a probable chance that latent buyers will adore and might get impress by the look of your kitchen, resulting in the cost which you have never expected.
• Every slab of granite which is quarried from Kimberley Granite Quarries will have entirely different feature from each other. They differ in pattern distribution, color texture and its depth can altered in every different type of granite, providing a totally dissimilar nature. It can be used in kitchens, at fireplace, for flooring, as a building material in making walls, in bathrooms. Almost all of the area left in your home can be covered with granite and that too with a good comparable price which is worth.
• They are of different colors depending on the place where they are being quarried and the composition of different minerals. Some may include gold and silver as well.
• For better finish and shine they are easy to clean on daily basis and that too the cleaning which you have to do daily regarding your kitchen will be in no time. Use of ordinary soap or any kind of mild hot soapy water with a soft cloth or any paper to clean makes your work done swiftly.
Granite is known for its toughness from ancient times, it is so tough that it can easily bear the heavy and sharp kitchen tools daily without any damaging. This is the main reason why most of the homeowners consider granite for their kitchens, whereas people who do not have granite countertops use a cutting board. However, the toughness of granite cannot be compared with the other used materials for kitchen countertops. Granite countertops are also generally enclosed with a sealant or insulation, it is in fact not been recommended as of the granites own toughness speaks enough on its part.